- 1 cup dry farro
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 oz baby arugula
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1 lb asparagus, cut in 1” pieces
- 8 oz pkg baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Tbsp Mushroom &amp; Sage Olive Oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp Sicilian Lemon or Thyme Balsamic
- 3/4 tsp stone ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp each, salt & pepper
- freshly grated parmesan, to taste
- Rinse farro.
- In a medium pan, bring broth, thyme and farro to a boil, then lower heat and cover. Simmer for about 30 mins, until tender.
- Drain if any liquid remains.
- While that is cooking, in a large pan, saute asparagus in 1 Tbsp of the olive oil for 3 mins, then add the mushrooms, saute for 3 mins more, then add the green onions and cook for 2 mins more.
- Let the farro, and mushroom mix fully cool.
- Combine together in a large bowl, farro, mushroom mixture, walnuts, and arugula.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 Tbsp olive oil, balsamic, mustard, salt & pepper.
- Pour over salad, and mix together.
- Top with grated parmesan.
Other recipes you might like