Your morning pancakes with a twist!
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp Blueberry Balsamic
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Combine eggs, lemon olive oil, 1 tsp vanilla extract, lemon zest, lemon juice and milk in a large bowl and whisk well.
- In another bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar - if possible sift ingredients.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients in large bowl and mix quickly. A few small lumps are fine.
- Let batter sit to thicken a few minutes while making sauce.
- Lightly grease pan with a drizzle of lemon olive oil and pour ⅓ cup batter into pan warmed on medium heat. After about 2 minutes, when bubbles dot the surface of the pancake, flip and cook on other side for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- To make the sauce, combine balsamic, maple syrup, and ½ tsp vanilla extract in a small saucepan. Stir while heating over medium heat until warmed through.
- Serve the blueberry sauce over the pancakes.
Other recipes you might like