Comfort food for the soul!
- 3 cups uncooked cavatappi pasta
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp Tuscan Herb Olive Oil or Mediterranean Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ¼ cup 18 yr Balsamic
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded romano cheese
- 1/4 tsp each, salt & pepper
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
- Season the chicken with thyme, and some salt & pepper.
- In large skillet over medium- high heat cook the chicken in 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Once cooked through, set chicken aside, and cover to keep warm.
- In same pan, saute mushrooms and garlic in 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Once sauted, add 18 yr balsamic, chicken broth, whipping cream, and 1/4 tsp of salt & pepper. Cook for 2-3 mins, until hot.
- Stir in spinach. Cook until it wilts.
- Add the chicken, pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, and romano.
- Toss altogether until pasta is coated with sauce.
Other recipes you might like