Unique, and fresh summer salad!
- 6 dry sea scallops, pat dry
- 3 oz mixed greens with arugula
- 2 strips bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 8 pecans, chopped
- 1 oz mild goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 Tbsp Basil Olive Oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp Grapefruit or Watermelon Balsamic, divided
- 1 Tbsp butter
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Salt & pepper the scallops.
- In a large skillet, over high heat, add 1 Tbsp Basil olive oil, and 1 Tbsp butter. Once the butter is melted, add the scallops.
- After beginning to saute scallops, add 1 tsp balsamic. Sear the scallops for about 1 ½ minutes, on each side, until they are golden brown.
- To assemble the salad, on two plates, divide the salad greens, top with pecans, and bacon bits, radishes, goat cheese, and mandarin oranges.
- Top with cooked scallops. Drizzle about 1 Tbsp of Basil oil, and 1 Tbsp balsamic on each salad.
You can substitute shrimp for scallops.
Other recipes you might like