Very satisfying! Can be a meal on its own!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1-8 oz pkg sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp 18 yr Balsamic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 5 oz spinach leaves
- 2 Tbsp Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil (divided)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse the quinoa, and then set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in 1 Tbsp olive oil. Stir until the onion is softened.
- Stir in quinoa, chicken broth, and thyme. Bring to a boil, then simmer until liquid is absorbed about 10 to 15 mins.
- In another pan, saute mushrooms in 1 Tbsp olive oil, cook until lightly brown. Pour in balsamic, and white wine. Cover, and simmer on medium-low heat, about 5 mins.
- Once the quinoa has cooked, stir in spinach, then the
mushroom mixture. Add the feta cheese. Serve either hot or cold
Other recipes you might like