The bounty of the summer in one salad!
- 4-6 cups crusty bread (French, Sourdough, Ciabatta), cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups seedless cucumbers (Persian/Kirby - about 2), halved and sliced
- 4 cups tomatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1½ cups red onion (about ½-1 medium), sliced thin
- ½ cup basil, torn or roughly chopped
- ½ cup parmesan or asiago cheese, freshly grated
- 4 Tbsp Tuscan Herb or Mediterranean Blend Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- ¼ - ½ tsp salt , ¼ - ½ tsp pepper
- Optional: fresh peppers (1-2, cut in chunks), 1-3 Tbsp capers, red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl make the vinaigrette: combine Tuscan Herb or Mediterranean Blend Olive Oil, Sicilian Lemon Balsamic, dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- If possible, use stale bread cubes. You can achieve this same effect by cubing the bread and leaving to dry overnight or preheat an oven to 400ºF and baking on a baking sheet for 10-20 minutes. Bake until dried but barely toasted golden.
- In a large bowl combine bread, cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, basil and parmesan, toss well with the vinaigrette and let sit at least 30 minutes before serving.
Other recipes you might like