- 2/3 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 2/3 cup wild rice , uncooked
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 red apple, cored & diced
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted & salted pecans
- 3 Tbsp Black Currant Balsamic
- 3 Tbsp Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp each, salt & pepper
- Combine brown rice, wild rice and chicken broth in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until all liquid is absorbed, about 45 to 55 mins.
- Remove from heat & cool.
- Move rice to a bowl, and add the apple, grapes, dried currants, celery, green onion, and chopped pecans.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together balsamic, olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Pour over wild rice salad and mix together.
Other recipes you might like