Wonderful fall flavors all in one dish!
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 cups cooked, & shredded chicken
- 2 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 medium fuji apples, diced
- 1/4 cup mild and fruity EVOO, like Arbequina or Coratina
- 1/4 cup Granny Smith Apple Balsamic
- 1/4 tsp each, salt & pepper
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Rinse the wild rice. Add rice to a medium saucepan, with 3 cups of water, lightly salted; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 50-60 mins, or until kernels puff open. Remove from heat, and let sit for 5 mins. Drain any excess water.
- Put kale in a large bowl, with a small drizzle of olive oil, and lightly salted. Massage kale for about 2 mins.
- Add to the kale, wild rice, cooked chicken, celery, dried cranberries, pecans, and apples.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Granny Smith Balsamic, salt & pepper, and dijon mustard. Pour over top of salad, and mix together.
Other recipes you might like