One of our summer favorites! Yum!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 Tbsp Roasted Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Lemongrass Mint Balsamic
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a bowl, whisk together sesame oil, olive oil, balsamic, soy sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes, sugar, garlic, and salt.
- Take 4 Tbsp of the dressing and put it into a resealable bag, add the chicken breasts to the bag. Refrigerate for 2 hrs.
- Set the rest of the dressing aside for later.
- In a large bowl, combine napa cabbage, carrots, cilantro, green onions, snap peas, almonds, cashews, and toasted sesame seeds.
- Bring a small pan of water to a boil, add the edamame and boil for 3 mins. Drain well.
- Let them cool, then add to the salad.
- Grill chicken on medium-high heat for 5-6 mins, per side, until no longer pink inside.
- Cut the chicken into strips, add to the salad.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss.
Other recipes you might like