- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 6 baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 6 white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Herbes de Provence or Rosemary Olive Oil (divided)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp Lavender Balsamic
- 3 Tbsp half and half
- salt & pepper
- Salt & pepper chicken on both sides.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil, then add chicken. Cook the chicken 5-6 mins on both sides, until no longer pink inside.
- Set aside chicken; cover it to keep it warm.
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp butter to pan, then add mushrooms. Once browned, set aside.
- Add to the pan garlic and shallots. Cook 2 mins, then add flour and cook 2 mins.
- Mix in broth, half & half, and balsamic. Simmer for two more mins. Salt the sauce to taste.
- Add the mushrooms and chicken back to the pan.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, rice or orzo.
Other recipes you might like