- 2 cups white corn meal
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 4 tablespoons Jalapeno Olive Oil
- Sift cornmeal, flour, salt & baking powder together.
- Mix soda with buttermilk & add to dry ingredients. Beat well .
- Add eggs & beat.
- Add Jalapeño Olive Oil & mix well.
- Pour into well- greased, smoking hot*, large skillet on top of stove.
- Place on lower oven shelf at 450°-500° for 18 minutes upper shelf & bake 5-10 minutes longer.
*It is important to heat well- greased skillet to smoking hot on stove top before pouring in batter.
Other recipes you might like